We are seeking a candidate who has 1-2 years of hands-on administration experience with the ServiceNow platform.
The ServiceNow administrator will need to have a strong ability to multi-task between upcoming platform growth and maintenance projects, current open items, and planning for future customer additions to the platform. The ServiceNow Administrator will also be responsible for integrating our platform with external service providers to drive operational automation and efficiency. This role will involve workshops, end-user \ customer training, daily\weekly\monthly maintenance, upgrades, updates, researching new functionality for use within the platform, license management, working with external partners on platform development, and overall domain separation compliance.
- Overall ownership of our ServiceNow instance including Incident, Knowledge, Problem, Change, Service Request, and CMDB modules
- Lead the coordination, design, and execution of integrating standard LDAP & 3rd party apps into our ServiceNow environment.
- Gaining new knowledge about ServiceNow through self-motivated online learning and through official ServiceNow courses provided.
- Gather requirements, design, build, and maintain MSP domain-separated environments.
- Follow ITIL best practices for domain separation, system maintenance, and platform upgrades.
- Maintaining the integration for existing customers and offering solutions to those without
- Implementing LDAP with customer-provided systems, domain ownership for external customers
- Perform standard daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance and overall system health checks.
- Validate domain separation compliance for all customers to ensure no cross-contamination.
- Staying up to date with the latest releases, product enhancements, and plugins.
- Attending courses provided by ServiceNow to stay current on the technology.
- Perform routine update set updates within the system for all changes made
- Perform standard system cloning from production to test environment
- Support the creation of custom reports/dashboards
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Orchestrate and automate tasks
- Participate in department on-call rotation
This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year of ServiceNow administration.
- Experience with ServiceNow upgrades
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems through SOAP or REST web services
- Experience using Workflow Editor to configure workflows
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
- Continues improvement of service portal, mobile app
- Strong ability to design, and build Service Request workflows and Service Catalog items.
- Creating domain-separated environments and configuring each module per customer requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow instances including old and new releases
- Customizing email notification templates, ticket SLAs, and form fields.
- Ability to manage multiple knowledge bases in an MSP environment.
- Advanced understanding of the test and production environments, update sets, and system cloning
- Advanced administrative technical knowledge of the ServiceNow platform.