Experience Required – 10+ years of experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive the development of software engineering solutions for a variety of public cloud architectures.
- Set and demonstrate standards for software development and delivery.
- Lead as a technical decision-maker and guide software architecture decisions.
- Convert company needs into specific Definitions of cloud services and applications
- Determine the best design and architecture for addressing business problems
- Take the lead during the design and implementation phases, paying close attention to mentoring the Software Engineering team members.
- Ensure Forcepoint’s cloud services and apps adhere to well-defined best practices for success.
- Assists in the creation of cloud service and application prototypes.
- Participates in design and code inspections.
- Help the team manage the one-time and recurring costs associated with the services and apps they roll out.
- Initiate and deliver technology evaluations and advice.
- Participates in design activities by analyzing requirements and high-level designs
- Have a solid understanding of the strategic direction of the company.
- Review test plans and suggest testing techniques to strengthen the quality outputs.
Required Skills And Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- A track record as a software engineer, ideally in the field of cloud applications and services
- Knowledge of IaaS and PaaS capabilities used in Public Cloud technologies
- Self-motivated and driven individual
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Proven expertise in agile and scrum engineering methodologies.
- Knowledge of the whole lifecycle of cloud services, from requirements to development, quality assurance, operations, and production.
- Capability to provide others with honest, accurate, and constructive feedback.
- Keep up to date with present and upcoming security and cloud service technologies.
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages (such as Python, Go, and others), as well as some of the enabling technologies (such as thorough knowledge of Web APIs and protocols like TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, and DNS);
- Proven track record of Linux/Unix platform development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the product(s), including its functionalities and end-to-end architecture as well as its business elements.
- The ability to plan and oversee the implementation of features that affect the overall product and call for cooperation between several architectural teams.
- The ability to technically lead small teams of two to five engineers to deliver more complicated and larger features.
- Be an evangelist of agile software development and metrics such as DORA
- Experience in hiring, team bootstrapping, and buildout.
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of large business clients.
- Public Cloud certification
- AWS technologies
- Experience with Python programming
- Understanding of security concepts: encryption, secure application development, defensive programming, software vulnerabilities and exploits, and general issues in web security.
To apply for the sr software engineer – Python, Please submit your details.